Nominations must be received by December 31
The purpose of the $250
award is to recognize an individual or group initiative. The award criteria is as follows:
- Government, academic, and professionally produced institutional sites are not eligible.
- The recipient(s) will have been a resident in British Columbia for the year prior to the award year.
- The website must be developed and maintained primarily through volunteer labour.
- The website must have been in existence for at least 12 months prior to judging; and it must be active at the time the award is presented.
- The site should be somewhat permanent in nature and the creator must be willing to have it archived.
- The website may be hosted either by a private Internet Service Provider (ISP) or by an educational institution in, or out of Province.
- Decisions by the contest judges, who are to selected by the BCHF from a volunteer base, are final and not subject to appeal to the Federation Executive.
- BCHF reserves the right not to award a prize in a given year should applications not be of sufficient quality.
Publicity: The winning website will be posted in the British Columbia Historical Federation’s publications.