The Canadian Experiences Fund (CEF) was announced in Budget 2019, and supports communities across Canada as they create, improve or enhance tourism products, facilities and experiences.
Do you know of a history, heritage or cultural project that may fit the criteria?
Investments made through the CEF focus on five categories:
- Expand winter and shoulder-season by funding projects like onsite experiences development, tours, excursions, special events and tourism facilities
- Grow tourism in rural and remote communities by investing in projects such as destination development planning, adventure, eco- and agri-tourism, local product development, or rural and remote tourism facilities
- Increase Indigenous tourism by investing in such projects as market readiness, onsite experiences development, developing a line of consumer products, tours, festivals and special events
- Promote LGBTQ2+ communities, by supporting train the trainer programs, projects such as attractions, special events and festivals as well as market readiness
- Boost culinary and farm-to-table experiences, by funding projects in areas including culinary tourism trails, farmers markets, and onsite experiences development in various locations
Available funding is limited and priority will be given to project proposals that demonstrate:
- Attraction of international tourists.
- Economic impact on more than one community.
- Leveraged funding from other sources (e.g. government, other non-profits and/or the private sector).
- Jobs created.