Annual General Meeting
The 2019 Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the BC Historical Federation will take place on Saturday, June 8 from 9am—11pm at the Native Sons Hall, Courtenay, BC. Delegate registration for the AGM takes place from 8am—8:45 am prior to the meeting.
All members of the BCHF are entitled to attend and take part in the AGM.
Member Societies, Affiliate Members and Corporate Members who wish to send voting delegates and/or present a Member Society Report are asked to register their delegates and submit their report materials in advance.
Registering Voting Delegates
Voting at the AGM is assigned as follows:
- Member Societies may designate one voting delegate for each 10 members of their society.
- Affiliate Members / Corporate Members may designate one voting delegate to represent their organization.
- Associate (Individual) Members may attend the AGM, but are not entitled to vote.
To register your delegates:
- Forward the name(s) of your organization’s voting delegate(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before May 29, 2019.
- Ensure that each delegate has completed a Delegate Form (PDF) in advance to submit at the AGM registration. This will greatly speed the on-site registration process.
Member Society Reports
Member Societies are encouraged to submit an annual report (optional) to the Federation at least 10 days prior to the AGM. Reports received by this date will be shared at the AGM and on the Federation web site.
Societies may provide a short (1-2 minute) presentation on the highlights of their annual reports during the Member Society Reports segment of the AGM. Societies may also submit up to six images illustrating their report. Images provided by all reporting societies will be combined in a continuous-loop slide show that will play behind the podium during this segment of the AGM.
To provide a Member Society Report at the AGM, please register by email at email@example.com on or before May 29, 2019. Attach a copy of your annual report and any images to your email.
Consolidated 2019 Constitution and Bylaws
At the AGM, your BCHF Executive will recommend adoption of a consolidated 2019 Constitution and Bylaws. The consolidated 2019 Constitution and Bylaws have been revised according to the New Societies Act (SBC 2015, C. 18). They also include one amendment relating to Honorary Membership.