The First Peoples’ Cultural Council is accepting Expressions of Interest (EOI) for new heritage repatriation funding that supports B.C. First Nations efforts to repatriate their ancestors and cultural treasures.
Recipients may use the funding for a broad range of repatriation projects focused on returning their ancestors and cultural treasures home. Up to $50,000 is available per community or organization.
Some of these projects may include the following activities:
- Research to understand repatriation needs for repatriating ancestors and cultural treasures.
- Community engagement and project management.
- Work to conserve, preserve and capture documentation related to repatriation.
- Transportation, storage and any infrastructure needed to support the project.
- Community ceremonies upon return to a Nation.
Learn more about guidelines and how to apply from the First Peoples Cultural Council website.