Become an Affiliate Member
For Not-for-profit Institutions
If you are a not-for-profit institution without dues-paying members and you have a specialized interest or objective of a historical nature, we invite you to become an Affiliate Member of the British Columbia Historical Federation (BCHF).
Affiliate Members include libraries, educational institutions, museums, galleries, cultural centres, and other organizations located in British Columbia and beyond.
The BCHF provides a collective voice for more than 100 historical societies from all corners of British Columbia. Our membership encompasses thousands of individuals and organizations within BC’s not-for-profit historical sector. We provide educational resources, networking opportunities and advocacy services to our members.
- Complimentary annual subscription to British Columbia History magazine, our flagship publication.
- Optional annual subscription to BC Bookworld Newspaper.
- Subscription to our e-newsletter, the BCHF Buzz, packed with programs, events, funding and learning opportunities, and best practices from BC’s not-for-profit historical sector.
- Special rates for advertising in British Columbia History magazine and the BCHF Buzz e-newsletter. Read our Media Kit.
- Listing in our Membership Directory, a public, searchable database of historical societies and affiliated organizations across BC.
- Share your events, activities and successes with BCHF members in our BCHF Buzz e-newsletter or on our web blog.
- Attend annual conference – BC’s not-for-profit historical networking event of the year. Or partner with your local historical society to host a future conference in your area.
Terms and Fees
- Annual membership fee: $35 per year.
- Membership term: One calendar year, staring on January 1 and ending on December 31.
- One membership per organization. Please be prepared to provide a contact person as a liaison for your BCHF membership.
- Your organization must support objectives consistent with those of the BCHF. Read our Constitution and Bylaws.
Join or Renew
You may join or renew online or by mail: