Become an Associate Member
If you are an individual with an interest in the history of British Columbia, we invite you to become an Associate Member of the British Columbia Historical Federation (BCHF).
The BCHF provides a collective voice for more than 100 historical societies from all corners of British Columbia, as well as hundreds of private individuals (unaffiliated with any historical society) and other organizations with an interest in or connection to the history of British Columbia. We provide our members with educational resources, networking opportunities and advocacy services.
Our Associate Members enjoy a great slate of membership benefits.
- Complimentary annual subscription to British Columbia History magazine, our flagship publication.
- Special group rates on personal insurance products from our partner Johnson Insurance, including
- Subscription to our e-newsletter, the BCHF Buzz, packed with programs, events, funding and learning opportunities, and best practices from BC’s not-for-profit historical sector.
- Share applicable projects and events with BCHF members through our BCHF Buzz e-newsletter and our web blog.
- Attend our annual conference – BC’s not-for-profit historical networking event of the year. Immerse yourself in the history of a BC community and network with historically minded peers from around the province.
Terms and Fees
- Annual membership fee: $35 per year.
- Membership term: One year, starting and ending on the date your membership is initially activated.
- You must support objectives consistent with those of the BCHF. Read our Constitution and Bylaws.
Join or Renew
You may join or renew online or by mail:
- Online: Complete our online Associate Membership Form. You will be directed to pay your membership fee via Paypal, using a major credit card. (You do not need a Paypal account to use this service.)
- By mail: Download, print and complete our PDF Associate Membership Form and mail with a cheque to:
British Columbia Historical Federation
PO Box 448, Fort Langley, BC