Be part of a larger historical community that is a unique mix of institutions, societies, individuals, and corporations. Membership includes:
- four issues of British Columbia History magazine
- the BCHF News, the Federation’s newsletter
- the fellowship of a diverse historical community
- the ability to contribute to national and regional discussions on historical issues. For more information see our Advocacy section
- opportunities to be involved with Federation projects at a local or provincial level
- opportunities to join committees or the Board of Directors
BC History Multi-Subscriptions For Member Societies
BCHF Member Societies (societies with dues paying members) can enhance the benefits they offer to their own members by packaging subscriptions to British Columbia History with their society’s membership.
How Does it Work?
When your society renews its membership to the BCHF in December, it will let us know if it will be opting into the Multi-Subscription Program. Under this program, a society can buy a membership for each of its own dues-paying members for the cost of $20 per subscription for each interested member. Every society that takes advantage of this program will receive a free ad in British Columbia History to promote its work, its recent publications, or upcoming events. The more subscribers a society can sign up, the larger the ad the society can claim.
By opting in, your society can offer regular and deluxe memberships to your members AND increase your society’s visibility with the free ad.
Here’s what a membership dues structure might look like:
• Regular Annual Membership to Your Historical Society $25
• Deluxe Membership to Your Historical Society $45 (includes regular annual membership AND a subscription to British Columbia History)
Number of Subcribers = size of Ad
1 – 10 subscribers = 1/8 page ad ($50 value)
11 – 20 subscribers = 1/4 page ad ($80 value)
21 – 50 subscribers = ½ page B&W ad ($115 value)
50 to 100 = ½ page colour ad ($150 value)
100 and up = full page colour ad ($225) or a 1/4 page ad in all 4 issues, etc.