Honorary Member Program
Our Honorary Member Program recognizes past and present members of the BCHF who have made exceptional, long-standing or significant contributions to the Federation, the field of BC history, and/or their local historic community.
Honorary Life Membership is a special distinction awarded by BCHF Council to active members of the Federation who have made exceptional, long-standing contributions to the Federation and to the field of BC history.
- be current, active, long-standing members of the Federation;
- have served on BCHF Council and/or Council Committees;
- have made a significant and lasting contribution to the Federation;
- have made a significant and lasting contribution to the field of BC history, and/or to a local historic community in BC.
Candidates may be nominated by the BCHF Council, or by any member of the BCHF. Please use the nomination form below (coming soon).
The deadline for nominations is December 31 of each calendar year.
Appointments shall be made by unanimous motion of BCHF Council at the Council meeting immediately preceding the Annual General Meeting.
Council may nominate up to three (3) Honorary Life Members per year.
The Federation may carry a maximum of 25 Honorary Life Members at any given time.
- Honorees shall receive, at no cost to them, the benefits of Associate Membership in the BCHF for the duration of their lifetimes.
- New honorees shall be recognized at the Awards Gala at the BCHF Annual Conference.
- Honorees shall be awarded an Honorary Life Member certificate and shall be listed on the BCHF web site.