Candidates must submit their application for this scholarship by December 31
A covering letter of application providing: Name, Postal Address, e-Address, College or University, Student Year, Name of supervising instructor, and an explanation in 300 words or less:
- why you are interested in British Columbia history,
- why you chose your topic,
- and any future plans to continue studies of British Columbia history
Letter of recommendation
A letter of recommendation from the instructor for whose course the work was written.
- An essay of 1500-3000 words for 1st or 2nd year or 1500-5000 words for 3rd or 4th year students on a topic relating to the history of British Columbia; or
- A website or podcast created by the student, including copy that is researched and written by the student; or
- A performance either created or directed by the student; or
- An artwork; or
- A video, film, documentary, or multimedia installation created by the student.
Note: BCHF reserves the right not to award a prize in a given year should applications not be of sufficient quality.