Our winter 2017 issue of British Columbia History includes an exclusive excerpt from a new book about the life and legacy of Rick Hansen, plus details of a link between Canadian poet Pauline Johnson and a memorial in Stanley Park.
- Vancouver-born Lieutenant-Colonel Cecil Merritt, whose likeness appeared on military posters, was one of the first Canadians to be awarded the Victoria Cross during the Second World War.
- Summerland’s Dominion Experimental Farm and the story of its award-winning jersey cattle herd.
- Mark Mosher, an unabashed Communist living in the Alberni Valley, ran in six federal elections and became a respected community leader.
- How the kindness of strangers helped Lithuanian dentist Irena Mikutaviciute immigrate to and resettle in British Columbia.
- Letters to the Editor, book reviews, our Cabinets of Curiosities and more.
For more information, or to subscribe, visit British Columbia History magazine.