This award was created to honor individuals or organizations working or volunteering in the history, heritage or cultural sector who have been beacons of light during the challenging days of the pandemic in 2020.
The recipients are:
• Christopher Stevenson: For his work overseeing the Boundary Heritage Facebook Group.
• Al Donnelly: For his work documenting the Boundary region and maintaining the Boundary Historical Society’s cabin at Jewel Lake near Greenwood.
• Gabriel Newman: For his work creatively capturing the reality faced by heritage organizations through the Loneliest Interpreter series at O’Keefe Ranch.
• Aman Johal: For his work spurring camaraderie and shared collective learning for staff at Fort Langley National Historic Site.
• Tami Quiring: For her efforts successfully hosting the Alder Grove Heritage Society’s Community Heritage Day during the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Chinese Canadian Historical Society of British Columbia: For the organization’s work to create face masks in partnership with Modernize Tailors during the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Jennifer Nell Barr: For her continued work researching and writing the “This Old House” series in Victoria.