Become a Member Society
For Historical Societies
If you are an organization with a mandate for history, heritage, or culture, we invite you to join the British Columbia Historical Federation (BCHF).
The BCHF provides a collective voice for more than 100 historical societies from all corners of British Columbia. Our membership encompasses over 1,000 individuals and organizations within BC’s not-for-profit historical sector.
For your organization:
- An annual subscription to British Columbia History magazine
- Subscription to our e-newsletter, the BCHF Buzz.
- Special advertising rates in British Columbia History magazine and the Buzz e-newsletter.
- Listing in our public Membership Directory
- Attend our annual conference or host a future conference in your area.
For your members:
- Group rates on personal insurance products – including home insurance, travel medical insurance and flexible retirement benefits – from our partner Johnson Insurance.
- Option to nominate children or grandchildren for the Johnson Scholarship Program.
Terms and Fees
- Annual membership fee: $1 per dues-paying member of your society, from a minimum of $30 per year (30 members or less) to a maximum of $75 per year (75 members or more).
- Membership term: One calendar year, staring on January 1 and ending on December 31.
- All dues-paying members of your society are considered members of the British Columbia Historical Federation for the duration of your society’s membership.
- You must maintain and promote objectives consistent with those of the BCHF. Read our Constitution and Bylaws.
Join or Renew
You may join or renew online or by mail: