COVID 19 prevented the Nanaimo Historical Society from meeting at the Bowen Park Centre for more than a year. However since September 2020, the society has conducted virtual meetings that included a business meeting and a presentation by one or more speakers.
These presentations are available on the Society’s YouTube channel as follows.
• September 2020: David Hill-Turner “Shipwrecks and the Nanaimo coal trade” https://youtu.be/-k4D1qW80Jc?t=2
• October 2020: Christine Meutzner “Wellington Cemetery tour” https://youtu.be/rYy5xcvQDhE
• November 2020: Linda Brooymans and Christine Meutzner “After the Great War: Nanaimo veterans back home” https://youtu.be/HCh7GhNQ_CI
• April 2021: Dave Bodaly “Dave Bodaly on Sayshutsun (Newcastle) Island and Family History” https://youtu.be/QoL_KZBdF-Q
• May 2021: Dr. Kelly Black ” Roses and reserves: public history at Point Ellice House” https://youtu.be/P32Jyrf7loc
• June 2021: Virtual field trip to Mt. Benson site of October 1951 crash of Queen Charlotte Airlines Canso aircraft https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ce99haWOac