On June 27, 2022, Canadian Heritage announced details of the new Canada Arts and Culture Recovery Program (CACRP) which continues the Department’s targeted support for organizations that are still facing significant financial challenges in the third year of the pandemic.
In recognition of the exceptional circumstances created by the COVID-19 pandemic, the Museums Assistance Program (MAP) has temporarily modified eligibility criteria for this funding.
Who can apply?
Both incorporated and unincorporated organizations and groups can apply.
To be eligible for funding, your organization must meet 1 or more of the following requirements:
- be a not-for-profit organization such as a museum, an archive, or a historic site (including those that operate seasonally and those without full-time staff)
- be an Indigenous organization or official language minority community organization
- be a municipal or university museum with a distinct budget
To be eligible, applicants must also meet all of the following requirements:
- manage a heritage collection
- provide public access through regular hours of operation (including on a part-time or seasonal basis)
- have had annual expenses in 2019 (or your last completed pre-pandemic fiscal year) between $2,000 and $1,000,000
Deadline: August 2, 2022