Discover British Columbia’s Past!
British Columbia History is the British Columbia Historical Federation’s flagship publication, a quarterly magazine chronicling British Columbia’s unique story through the words and images of community writers, archivists, museum professionals, academic historians and more.
Fresh, engaging, personal and relevant, every issue is packed with articles, photographs, maps, illustrations, book reviews and insights into local archives.
British Columbia History is…
- Published four times a year (spring, summer, fall and winter) by the British Columbia Historical Federation.
- Available via subscription, or for single-/bulk-issue purchase (including back issues).
- Over 75 years old, with a history dating to 1923 (read back issues dating to 1923 through the UBC Library).
- Open to proposals for submissions of manuscripts, photographs and other content by local writers, archivists, academic historians, museum professionals and more.
- Available for advertising – view our Media Kit (PDF format) or contact our Editorial Team.
- Looking for wholesale partners – contact Subscription Services.
For questions or queries, please contact us.
Special thanks to our magazine team for bringing British Columbia History to life each quarter.
The British Columbia Historical Federation (BCHF) is committed to making the stories in British Columbia History available to as large a community as possible, without any unwarranted restrictions as to their use. However, the British Columbia Historical Federation does not hold the copyright for the text or images in its publication. As well, the BCHF publishes a mix of public and private material, both published and unpublished, much of which is still protected by copyright.
It is the responsibility of the user to seek permissions from authors and image rights holders to ensure they are not sharing copyrighted material. When you use the resource, credit “British Columbia History, issue number, date” and a link to www.bchistory.ca.